Top 5 tips for a stylish spring
With spring just around the corner, now is a great time to embrace new trends, add some colourful touches to your décor and swap out old for new. Here are our top tips to update your home just in time for spring.
1. Bring the outside in. Be inspired by your environment and embrace the bright colours
of spring for your home décor. From gorgeous pink azaleas to bright yellow daisies,
lavender and the bold red of native grevilia, it’s as simple as selecting home
furnishing that matches your favourite flower.
2. Soft lines. Swap rigid, straight lines for rounded coffee tables, poufs and sofas. This
spring is all about embracing softness with furniture and finishing touches without
hard lines and corners.
3. Simple swaps. If you’re looking for some easy and affordable updates, try switching it
up. Swap lacquered, glossy surfaces for matte textures; patterned ceramics and vases
for simple block colours; velvet furnishings for light and airy linens; and
monochromes for bright colours.
4. Home garden. Add a breath of fresh air with a couple of low-maintenance indoor
plants, like devil’s ivy or peace lily. If you don’t have a green thumb, faux plants have
come a long way, and look just as realistic as the real thing. Just don’t forget you
won’t need to water them!
5. Background boost. With Zoom and video meetings now the norm, adding decorative
accents to your shelves is a fun way to inject a bit of personality. From your travel
trinkets to vintage treasures, you can mix and match to your heart’s content.